This article describes how to change the batteries in your Arnia Gateway, Hive Scale and Hive Monitor, all of which use the same control box and batteries.
The battery icon in the User Interface indicates remaining battery life in your units. Also the Arnia system is setup so that you will receive automatic email alerts when the batteries need replacing. All the units are powered by 4 D-cell alkaline batteries. Change the batteries in a dry environment to avoid water/humidity ingress.
Change the batteries
To change the batteries, do the following;
- Remove the screws with a flathead screwdriver
- If the unit is still running, push the red-button to force the data to be uploaded
- Take the old batteries out and dispose responsibly.
- Put the new batteries in – ensure the correct orientation. The plus side on the red tab, the negative side on the black, as per sticker on the battery holder.
- After a short length of time, the LED will start flashing (Read ; LED flashing sequence of a monitor, or LED flashing sequence of a gateway)
- Screw the lid back on, make sure you do not trap the rubber seal and the unit is properly closed and screwed on.
If you do not see the LED flashing at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org